Monday, March 12, 2018

Watercolor Background and Stamping Journal Page with Fiona

Hello my gorgeous VLVS! peeps! Fiona here with you today to share an art journal page I have created with the amazing red rubber from VLVS!!!


 I had lots of water colour fun in the background with this one. I love the unpredictability of using water colours. They just do whatever they please ..... no point trying to control the outcome. Once I got the hang of that rule ... I then began to love using water colours in my work.




 They can be a little bit difficult to stamp onto though as they often warp the paper and make it difficult to get a clear image. So I do a little double stamping technique that I'll show you in my next VLVS! tutorial video.



I didn't over use the stamps with this page. I was looking at creating a simplistic effect. A lot of my journalling now days has got really busy and full of doodles and mark making so for this one, I wanted to pull it all back a wee bit.


 There is still some mark making but it's very tame in comparison to what I normally would do and it is with water soluble markers so it would blend in seamlessly with the background.


Viva Las Vegastamps! used:

I hope you like my little creation and I'll be back again very soon with some more creaty arty farty stuff xx


2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fantastic spread !
Corrie x

by belle said...

I wanna come and art journal with you!!!