Thursday, January 12, 2017

Art Journal: Inhale the Future - by Cheetarah Cheda

Hi everyone, today is my first post over at the VLVDT inspiration blog, yay! Very excited to be part of this amazing and creative team. Today I hope to inspire you with a mindful journal page I created to ring in the new year with warmth, a hopeful message and a resolution of some sort. 


Feed your Soul. 

Inhale the future, exhale the past. 

Enlighten! 

Do all things with LOVE. 


This page was created during the first couple of days of the new year and the process was really meditative. The steps of the process you can see below and I used stamps from VLVS! plate 1475 which has wonderful stamps to incorporate in mindful, meditative art journal pages.
Grab yourself a cuppa and read along how I made the above page.
A list of all the stamps and materials used is at the end of the tutorial.


 The base of the journal page is an A5 piece of Neenah Classic Crest paper which I have distressed with yellow, orange and red distress inks to get an ombre effect. I coated it with a layer of Golden Gesso from the crafters workshop. Use only a little so that the colors shine through it but you still have a protective base to work on. Then I got out the sunburst stencil and fluffy modeling paste and went to work. I didn't want perfect rays so I applied it a bit messily. That way you can see a bit of structure which makes it more interesting. I sprayed some perfect pearls, dylusions and mica spray to get color and shimmer on the modeling paste.
I chose the yoga lotus stamp to place in the circle. I noticed that there was still too much space between the start of the rays and the stamp so I placed the CW Balzer Zia mask in the middle and rubbed perfect pearl red lustre over it to create the halo and extend the inner rays. 


The Yoga Lotus stamps fits in the perfectly in the inner circle. I went to stamp on the words inhale the future, exhale the past along the rays with various colors staz on ink. Stamped the double tree and lotus flower stamp on a separate piece of paper and worked on placing. 


The definitive lay out was chosen and I carefully adhered my cut and colored pieces. I used Spectrum Noir's red sparkle pen for the lotus flower and on the edges of the cut out sentiments/words. Stamped those on yellow paper to balance out the color scheme. Feed your soul sentiment is from another plate but definitely works in this layout. Stamped that on an excess piece of "spray box" paper. I used miracle tape to adhere these, it's very convenient to use! I found Donna Downey's enlighten stencil very fitting for the page, so I penned that in with a faber castell artist pitt marker. The little light bulb is a perfect exclamation point! 



The page was done! I trimmed the page to fit in my new spiral bound journal with black pages. I often do very colorful work so I like the fact that the journal automatically matted the adhered page.

The materials used:
Stamps from Viva Las Vega Stamps!
Feed your soul 

Stencils:
Crealies sunburst straight 
Crafter's workshop Balzer Zia Sun mask 
Donna Downey Enlighten

Inks/spray/paint:
Distress inks: squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, spiced marmelade, fired brick
Memento tuxedo black
Stazon: jet black, black cherry, rusty brown, timber brown, mustard yellow
Ranger perfect pearl spray Kiwi, dina wakely mica sprays, dylusions lemon zest
Faber castell Pitt markers
Spectrum Noir Red Sparkle brush pen
Perfect Pearl metallic Rub on paste in gold and red

Mediums/glue:
Crafter's workshop Gold Gesso
Crafter's workshop fluffy modeling paste
Miracle tape

Hope you enjoyed this step by step process/tutorial.
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
namasté



2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Great spread Tarah !
Corrie x

by belle said...

Awesome background! Great page!!